Montpelier Theatre Guild Code of Ethics
All members of the organization without exception of the board will be expected to adhere to these ethics when taking part in any aspect of the MTG in any role, be it actor, producer, Board member stage crew or in any other capacity of the organization.
The purpose of this Code of Ethics is to define accepted/acceptable behaviors, to promote high standards of practice and to establish a framework for professional behaviors and responsibilities. Honesty and integrity are expected of any individual associated with any aspect of the MTG, including but not limited to the board of directors, production team, cast, crew and families. Successful and enjoyable performances are possible only if everyone – actor, director, stage crew, and audience – shows proper respect for everyone involved. The Accomplishing of these goals is possible only in an environment of personal responsibility and mutual respect.
1) I shall conduct myself in a professional manner with honesty and integrity.
2) I will uphold and adhere to all licensing rules and regulations for any and all performances obtained by the MTG, including copyrights related to video and audio recording or reproduction of unauthorized materials.
3) I will ensure that any and all communications generated by me to the public represent the best interest of the MTG, highest quality.
4) I will maintain a professional manner when representing the MTG, to the community when requesting services of any kind including but not limited to program ads, advertising and donations.
5) I will not use the MTG, in any way for personal or professional gain.
6) I will strive to be a team player.
7) I will encourage in a positive way, the individual growth of myself and my peers.
8) I will treat all members of the cast crew and production team with kindness and respect at all times.
9) I will embrace a variety of opinions, remembering that different doesn’t always mean better and will listen to those who offer advice or suggestions for the betterment of the show.
10) I will be appreciative of the efforts of the director, the board, the crew, and any other staff members associated with the MTG.
11) I will be truthful and respectful to everyone involved with the MTG.
12) I shall not spread rumor or gossip which is malicious nor tends to reflect discredit or dishonor the MTG, in any way.
13) Regardless of my role in the performance I will do my share to strike the set and will not leave until every piece of set, costumes, props and any other piece of equipment is cared for and returned to its proper place.
14) Since I respect the theater in which I work, and perform. I shall do my best to keep it looking clean, orderly and attractive regardless of whether I am specifically assigned to such work or not..
15) I will take care of my fellow cast and crew and treat them as my theater family.
16) I will refrain from bringing my personal life and issues to the stage.